Your Cypherpunks archive

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Fri Nov 1 22:36:17 PDT 2019

On November 1, 2019 8:19:25 PM PDT, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Friday, November 1, 2019, 07:21:35 PM PDT, Razer <g2s at riseup.net>
>wrote:
>

>On November 1, 2019 3:24:26 PM PDT, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>>I think you totally misunderstand my point...or you are intentionally
>>'misunderstanding' it.
>>See my recent comment.  It's all still 'there', somewhere, it just
>>isn't easily acquirable.  I never claimed it should be easily
>>acquirable, in all cases.  At least not data from the 1995 time
>>frame.
>>But, the fact that some of it seems to be lost, NOW, does not mean
>that

>>fraud didn't occur, in the past,  YOU want to use the excuse that
>>"eventually, some things will be lost" to confuse us into not looking
>>for evidence of that fraud, in the past.

Snipe Hunt!

>>You are obviously one of those people who is resisting the idea of
>>uncovering this seemingly-lost data.

I give no fucks either way really. I'm just a casual observer commenting

>>What's the old saying, "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up!"
>>https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-09-26/your-lawless-president-mafia-don
>>     and probably hundreds more google-search references.
>>
>>              Jim Bell
>

>>Have you ever considered the server was destroyed, stolen and turned
>into components for black market sale all data wiped or a thousand
>other possibilities?
>We notice that you said, "THE server".  As if there was only one
>server.  And it had only one hard drive.  Ever.  And that server's data
>was NEVER backed up.  Ever.  So how do you know all this detailed
>information?

I don't. I just figure for the time period it wasn't likely to be a RAID array or anything complex.

Addenda: Your paranoia is showing

>And, have YOU ever considered that the hard drives or floppies of
>dozens or hundreds of individual CP subscribers, who received and
>perhaps archived these messages themselves may still have the data
>available somewhere, perhaps on a dusty 500 megabyte Seagate drive,
>sitting comfortably in their basement?   Or some old data cartridges?
>Or some old writable CD's?
>"It's not the crime, it's the coverup!"
>We all learned in the October 2016 scandal involving Hitlery Clinton's
>emails, that they went from "missing" to discovering that Anthony
>Weiner's laptop contained 600,000 emails of varying kinds, and that the
>FBI "sat on" them for about a month, until just about a couple of weeks
>before the November 2016 election.   When, according to the news, they
>suddenly "discovered" those emails.  And in an extraordinary effort a
>few days long, they carefully studied each and every email and solidly
>established that none of them were ever, ever, ever evidence of any
>crime whatsoever.

>>Or is that too simple?
>
>Is what I described "too simple", too?

You aren't 'describing' a verifiable reality, you're hypothesizing.

I hypothesize the house or structure containing the server/data/whatever, was hit by a JDAM and it evaporated.

>>Maybe it was used IN an assassination by being dropped from a 6th
>floor window on a cheating lover?
>
>>MAYBE the server's owner murdered their Ex by doing the above?
>
>>But I jest (snigger, or perhaps not...)
>
>>I'm not following why you believe the data is actually still existent.

>I think I actually described the possibilities quite well.

ANYTHING is possible. I think the 'out the window' scenario assassination murder attempt is 'possible', and... ahem.... POSSIBLY more likely,

I also
>pointed out that the real difficulty, as you imply, is actually finding
>the data in hundreds of houses, most of whose owners haven't a clue
>that what they unknowingly possess is "interesting".

I woudn't suggest taking up burglarizing houses at your age. Perhaps instead of assassination markets you should investigate burglarization markets?

If what we really
>wanted was the data itself.  But we don't, at least not for purposes of
>generating a good archive of CP for historical reasons.
>But no!  I FURTHER have to point out that the real issue here isn't the
>actual data, but really just the metadata:  I myself started to become
>interested to acquire the date of the arrival of news of AP on the
>Cypherpunks list.  Yet, in my search, I discovered that the supposed
>archive has what amounts to a huge 'hole'.  Is it an "innocent hole" or
>a "guilty hole"?
>And the REAL problem is the fact that SOMEBODY has managed to
>deliberately conceal many months of CP records.  Actually, a
>mysteriously-selected subset of them, involving essentially all
>references to "Jim Bell" or "assassination politics" over at least a 7
>month time frame.   While it is possible that the loss is far greater
>than this, this is simply what I knew enough to look for a couple of
>days ago.  It would be very interesting to consider how many CP
>subscribers don't consider this an interesting or worthwhile subject!
>Has anyone else on CP bothered to go and look at the alleged "archive",
>and determine if there are any other classes of 'missing' data?  Go
>see!!!

>At the very least, your (Razer) odd reaction to this logical conundrum
>should be considered extremely embarrasing to you.  Why are you on the
>CP today?  Are you really interested in the subject, or are you merely
>trying to harass people?  I'll give you three guesses.

In order:

My reaction seems odd to you? It doesn't to me.
Why should I be embarrassed exactly?
Because.
Yes. If the subject is cyber cypher or punks, or networks or... just about anything, but not whines. I'm not interested in whines.
Absolutely not.

And last but not least ... You don't get to tell me how many fucking guesses I get.

Rr
Sent from my Androgyne dee-vice with K-9 Mail