[WAR] ... and AP

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 18:40:59 PDT 2019

 On Friday, November 1, 2019, 05:46:14 PM PDT, \0xDynamite <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:

 >> >"AP is presupposed on an anonymous money betting ring - i.e. on money,
>> which is collected by people who climb the hiearchy of the day,
>> therefore they have more of it. Many orders of magnitude more of it."
>>
>>> But merely having more money, at least initially, does not
>>> translate into being able to USE that money to target his enemies.
>>> And people who are CURRENTLY "billionaires" got that way using a
>>> NON-AP system.  Can you describe how anyone can become, or stay, a
>>> "billionaire" in a post-AP world?  Why should you think that would
>>> not change?
>
>> Game theory.
>> Sociopaths game the system, no matter what that system is.

>All you guys are arguing about, is that BAD people will abuse GOOD
things, but here's a tool which will up the ante or the bet.
Yep.

>There are several problems with the inherent premises in this
formulation of, let us call, the "bad guy problem".  (First premise to
question:  Are there bad guys?)

While I would be willing to postulate that "bad guys exist", Zenaan repeatedly gives these "bad guys" virtually superhuman powers, including ESP to learn their enemies names (not just today, but on a continuing basis) , and a virtually unlimited bank account with which to purchase AP-hits.  And THEN he says something like, 'This guy could misuse AP!!!'    Well, duh!!!  Maybe for a day or so, but what would happen then?
Well, my reaction is that "rich and evil guys" will probably become well-known  for those characteristics very soon, and everybody else on Earth would have a varying motivation to see him dead,  Zenaan won't tell us why "Mr. Rich an' Evil" won't become one of the first targets of AP.   We are left to guess,
              Jim Bell