“your priorities for my money may differ from mine” - the one-step plan to student debt relief

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri May 31 17:13:52 PDT 2019

Zerowedgie schlichs it again :)

Gen-me says I want, I have, and all responsibility is a problem for
another day.

Reality catches up eventually, and perhaps some time in the next year
or so, a very very big reality is about to catch many millenials by
the short or shaved.

Kurt Schlichter has a speedy and ready solution to student debt.

The real problem is of course entitlement breeding, but that great
depression is for another, soon to come, day.

Create your world yo :)

Schlichter: Dear Students, Here's A Plan To Solve Your Debt Problem
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-31/schlichter-dear-students-heres-plan-solve-your-debt-problem
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2019/05/30/students-heres-a-plan-to-solve-your-debt-problem-you-wont-like-it-n2546947

  So, you’re a barista with a problem – you took out $200K student
  loans to get that master’s degree from Gumbo State in “LGBTQ2#v&
  Experiences as Reflected in 17th Century Bolivian Folk Songs” and
  now you can’t find an uncaffeinated career.

  Worse, those fascist monsters who you took money from based on your
  agreement to pay it back with interest now expect you to pay the
  money back with interest despite the fact that you really don’t
  feel like it anymore.

  Well, I have a fresh solution to this crisis.

  It’s an innovative strategy that totally and permanently resolves
  this problem in a new and exciting way.

  Ready?

  Here goes.
  How about you pay your own student debt?

  That’s it. It’s as elegant as it is simple. You. Pay. Your. Own.
  Debts.

  If you follow this bold, one-step program – the one step is you
  paying your debts – then you will eventually be debt-free. And best
  of all, I won’t have to pay any of your debts.

  See, a lot of Democrat politicians are promising “free college,”
  but what they really mean is “free for you.” Someone has to pay,
  and that someone is me, and I need to level with you.

  I am not interested in paying for your college.

  Now, some may call me “greedy” or “selfish” for not wishing to work
  and then have the money I earned taken from me to provide things to
  you that you want but did not pay for instead of being able to
  spend it – the “it” being the money I earned – on things that I
  want. I am okay with that. I would much prefer having people who
  fundamentally misunderstand the concepts of greed and selfishness
  call me “greedy” and “selfish” than subsidize their educations,
  educations that evidently did not include learning about basic
  concepts like greed and selfishness.

  I understand that your priorities for my money may differ from
  mine, but it being my money, my priorities should take precedence.
  Here is a short, partial list of things that I prioritize for my
  money over paying off your student loan debts:

    1. A lease on a sweet German sedan

    2. A delicious tri-tip sandwich

    3. A walk-in humidor

    4. Guns and ammo

    5. A pedicure for my wife

    6. A pedicure for me

    7. A pedicure for my fat corgi Bitey

    8. Literally anything else but your student loan debt

  Now, those who support the idea of taking my money to give it to
  someone else so that someone else can have things he, she or xe
  wants rarely put it so bluntly. It’s never, “Well, I want this
  education but I don’t want to do the things necessary to pay for
  it. I want you other people to do the things necessary to pay for
  it.” Instead, it’s always put in some other way that makes them
  taking our money to spend on things they want appear as a favor to
  us, the people expected to do the work.