Happy World Password Day!!! :D

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Thu May 2 09:40:14 PDT 2019

On 5/2/19 10:40 AM, Cecilia Tanaka wrote:
> https://nationaldaycalendar.com/world-password-day-first-thursday-in-may/
>
> Celebrate the World Password Day changing or upgrading your p455w0rd$,
> dear all.  <3
>
> Oh, you know, "123456", "password", and "admin" are so old fashioned
> passwords...  ;)

Passwords are so old fashioned - and they present the most easily and
frequently exploited weakness in security systems.  We do have solutions...

Randomly generated pass phrases:

http://diceware.com

Most people will only need three or four pass phrases, including the one
that decrypts / unlocks one's portable database of unique. 'randomly'
generated, impossible to memorize, effectively brute-force-proof
credentials:

https://keepass.info/

Lose your database file, lose access to everything?  Not likely - if you
scatter copies of the database "everywhere", and update the copies when
you add or change any credentials.

Needs a "password education" or better, "password eradication" day.

:o)