Cryptocurrency: Falkvinge Wrecks Bitcoin-BTC Again, 12 Months Later...

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Mar 31 22:52:46 PDT 2019

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 06:18:37PM -0300, Punk wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 18:45:31 +0000
> furrier <furrier at protonmail.ch> wrote:
>
> > Seriously, Falkvinge is annoying. Stop promoting him.

In the case of "Lightning" DC system, not only is it likely that the
system shall end up dominated by a few big nodes, but that is its
fundamental design and guaranteed outcome - the only real argument in
the Lightning DC system is who out of current players dominates over
the others - the Federal Reserve system banks, or the commercial
players such as Facebook, Ebay, Amazon etc...

> 	But with lightning it should still be possible for smaller players
> 	to provide routing. Now, if global govcorp requires their serfs to
> 	get a 'banking license' to run some p2p software on their personal
> 	computers, then we are obviously completely fucked and blaming the
> 	victim (the LN), like falkvinge does, is pretty stupid.

Well there's the heart of the problem.

Existing power structures self proclaim to legislate away our rights.

What do we do?