Loki-network LLARP I2Pd Torrent Cryptocurrency

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Mar 31 22:48:43 PDT 2019

>  ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
> On Sunday, March 31, 2019 7:14 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > https://loki.network/
> > https://github.com/majestrate/torrent.ano
> > http://anodex.oniichanylo2tsi4.onion/
> > https://i2pd.website/
> > https://github.com/loki-project/loki-network/blob/master/docs/high-level.txt
> > https://www.reddit.com/r/i2p/

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 06:42:54PM +0000, furrier wrote:
> Monero fork with premine, governance tax, and 50% funds lockup for "market-based sybil resistance". Good luck, I'll pass.
>
> Also, it wasn't clear from a quick look, do they utilize I2P at the networking layer or did they roll out they own custom solution like Kovri?

Loki network appears to be a ground up rewrite of I2P, with an eye to
the lower latency and clear-net accessibility of Tor, with newer
(presumably better) crypto than I2P.

Appears to ignore the fundamental currently-missing feature in all
mix-/ anon-/ dark-/ onion-/ etc- nets in existence today - i.e. chaff
fill, which implies some sort of badwidth/ time reservation/ promise
between nodes, which is (re)negotiated from time to time between
nodes.

This chaff fill feature is the single currently-missing feature which
is required to begin to handle the problem of global (in a network
sense) passive adversaries, aka GPAs - i.e. the NSA, the CIA, the
FSB, etc, i.e. those well-funded entities paid for and run by
nation-state actors who generally oppress the fundamental rights of
the rest of us, such as the rights to live, trade, and move about
within our communities.