Facebook Instagram Bans Group Self Advocacy in FreeSpeech Hypocrisy Move

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Thu Mar 28 20:08:25 PDT 2019

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 10:21:02PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> https://torrentfreak.com/russia-orders-major-vpn-providers-to-block-banned-sites-or-face-blocking-themselves-190328/
> https://www.docdroid.net/p1YUjYR/torguard-roscomnadzor.pdf
>
> Russia banning everything...
>
> During the past few days, telecoms watch Roscomnadzor says it sent
> compliance notifications to 10 major VPN services with servers inside
> Russia -- NordVPN, ExpressVPN, TorGuard, IPVanish, VPN Unlimited,
> VyprVPN, Kaspersky Secure Connection, HideMyAss!, Hola VPN, and
> OpenVPN. The government agency is demanding that the affected services
> begin interfacing with the FGIS database, blocking the sites listed
> within. Several other local companies -- search giant Yandex, Sputnik,
> Mail.ru, and Rambler -- are already connected to the database and
> filtering as required.

"Since when has censorship every gone wrong?"

Fundamentally, depriving humans of their fundamental human rights,
such as the right to communicate freely, which implies anonymously
(for without anonymous communication, like whispering between
neighbours or friends, then any despot can imprison, torture etc,
thus making communication fundamentally non-free) eventually causes a
backlash.

Perhaps some enterprising Russkies will finally get some full p2p/n2n
local node mesh networkie thing happening. Would be a great day since
if some I2P Neighbour to Neighbour type thing takes off, we'll all be
morally and spiritually better off for it, despite the natural
consequences of empowering to some degree, illegal and "illegal"
activity.

Actual freedom means taking some of the actual "bad" of life with the
good, otherwise freedom (in a particular domain) does not exist.

The clamour for safety, for protection by any external authority such
as government, inevitably ends up with that external authority being
targetted by sociopaths and despots who end up exercising the "power
to protect" or "responsibility to protect" (R2P), despotically and
sociopathically.

This is as natural and as certain as water flowing downhill.

The fundamental human malaise today is the desire for protection and
safety (and even comfort!) by external authorities - that is, by
authorities external to ones self.

Good luck, and create your world,