Phys.org: IBM announces that its System Q One quantum computer has reached its 'highest quantum volume to date'

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 6 09:02:41 PST 2019

 On Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 2:03:45 PM PST, Punk <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

 On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 18:19:18 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Phys.org: IBM announces that its System Q One quantum computer has reached its 'highest quantum volume to date'.
>> https://phys.org/news/2019-03-ibm-quantum-highest-volume-date.html

  >  I'm somewhat curious. Do you think that a working 'quatum' computer, which will obviously be  owned and controlled by the ruling goverment-corporatocracy is going to help individual freedom?

I have no idea.  I consider it virtually axiomatic that there is no invention that can be used purely for helping freedom, or used purely for harming freedom.  .But I think there tends to be a bias in the system that allows individuals to use inventions FOR freedom.  Government is slow, stupid, and tends to lack imagination.
            Jim Bell