gitgeist - git backed distributed social media 1st version "yes it can work" PoC

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Mar 5 23:44:32 PST 2019

If you don't control it, you don't own it, and it shall be used
against you - witness Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Fully distributed "everything I've viewed or read, follow, and who
follows me, is stored locally" social media is the first step to
"social" media sanity.

gitgeist is one (first, rough) attempt which seems to prove that a
git backend implementation (for local storage and peer sync) makes
technical sense.

Nice to see tech folk finally starting to get irritated, that's for
sure :D

gitgeist: a git-based social network proof of concept
https://www.karimyaghmour.com/blog/2019/02/gitgeist-a-git-based-social-network-proof-of-concept.html

https://github.com/opersys/gitgeist-poc