Vermont Dumps Brokers List, Volvo Thinks Of Police State

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 18:39:47 PST 2019

https://www.fastcompany.com/90302036/over-120-data-brokers-inch-out-of-the-shadows-under-landmark-vermont-law
https://www.fastcompany.com/90310803/here-are-the-data-brokers-quietly-buying-and-selling-your-personal-information

The Vermont law only covers third-party data firms which collect their
own enormous piles of detailed personal data. It doesn't require data
brokers to disclose who's in their databases, what data they collect,
or who buys it. Nor does it require brokers to give consumers access
to their own data or opt out of data collection.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/mar/04/volvo-speed-limit-cars-2020

Police vehicles will be exempt. It's worth doing if we can even save
one life. We want to start a conversation about whether carmakers have
the right or maybe even an obligation to install technology in cars
that changes their driver's behavior.