Google bias exposed...

Punk punks at tfwno.gf
Fri Jun 28 12:54:14 PDT 2019

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 05:34:59 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You're suggesting that people in general have the time and inclination to "do their homework".   In reality, they do not.

	They certainly have the time. People spend most of their lives doing useless or even harmful stuff. They can easily devote a small amount of all that wasted time to educating  themselves.

	The inclination is a different matter. They tend to lose the inclination after being indoctrinated from age 2 to 18/25/35 by family, church and govcorp. Oh that's called 'education'.  And yet unless people really understand the political problems at hand, we'll get nowhere.

> Why do search engines exist?  Because individuals do not have the ability or inclination to collect all the data on files on the Web.   Letting other people do some of the work is hard to avoid.

	So individuals can run peer-to-peer search engines. A duckduckgo search for "p2p search engines" returns https://yacy.net/en/index.html as first hit. Which is what grarpamp just linked. (I candidly admit I never tried it)

	Hell, there could even be honest search engines instead of a monopoly run by NSA-GCHQ! But then again, one has to wonder what's going on when the Glorios Western Free Market has produced a monopoly like google?

> And, when I suggest that there be a bias detector, I am not saying it will identify ALL examples of of bias like a web search engine collects and sorts 'all'  data.  In reality, only a relatively tiny number of data points will be necessary to find bias.

	Ok, I never objected to calling out their blatant propaganda or 'bias'. The point I'm trying to make is that it's not a task that can automated.

>   For example, consider this story about Jen Gennai.

	Yes. Did you watch the video? Did you catch the CRUCIAL part, when the google employee  says that after using their 'AI' bullshit filters then there's a HUMAN going over the search queries/results and MANUALLY CENSORING the ones they don't like?

>I suggest that there will be some news organizations that display their biases by failing to cover this story (arguably in "solidarity" with an organization that they know displays similar biases.)

	Well of course. But that's a task that only people can do.

	So look here  https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/ 	"We are the most comprehensive media bias resource on the internet". There's a little problem though :  are you going to BELIEVE them?