Google bias exposed...

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 22:34:59 PDT 2019

You're suggesting that people in general have the time and inclination to "do their homework".   In reality, they do not.
Why do search engines exist?  Because individuals do not have the ability or inclination to collect all the data on files on the Web.   Letting other people do some of the work is hard to avoid.
And, when I suggest that there be a bias detector, I am not saying it will identify ALL examples of of bias like a web search engine collects and sorts 'all'  data.  In reality, only a relatively tiny number of data points will be necessary to find bias.
  For example, consider this story about Jen Gennai.  I suggest that there will be some news organizations that display their biases by failing to cover this story (arguably in "solidarity" with an organization that they know displays similar biases.)
Look for a bias in the way a search engine covers these kinds of stories, and you can learn what drives these engines.

  On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 18:19, Punk<punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:   On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 01:10:16 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You are writing as if what you, personally, think you need (or don't need) somehow applies to everyone else.  Stop making things all about you.

    uh oh - you accussed ME of defending google - you set the topic.

> You said:
>     "I made it pretty clear that I don't need any 'software' telling me that google-NSA-GCHQ is just a propaganda outlet for "american govcorp"."
> Why should anyone else find that what YOU need is sufficient for them too?

    I didn't say they should. My point is that anybody who did their homework should know what google is. And what the rest of the silicon valley fascist cesspool is. And what american govcorp is. Et cetera.

    now, if you don't mind, explain how a text parser is going to detect 'political bias'?

    BUT WAIT, do you want to create some sort of website where people can allegedly check if other sites are 'biased'? And people should 'trust' YOUR site, WHY exactly?