The US government lacks legitimacy and credibility

Punk punks at tfwno.gf
Thu Jun 27 12:28:44 PDT 2019

On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 12:19:55 -0400
Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

> On 6/26/19 6:04 PM, Ryan Carboni wrote:
> > No doubt as I post this, someone reading it will think "I know this, I
> > took a class on it"
> >
> > The US government is illegitimate, uncredible, and irrelevant.
>
> Um, well...
>
> "Legitimate" means, in accordance with your master's wishes.  Note the
> root word "leige", which means "lord."  By definition, obedience to the
> State "is legitimate" while disobedience "is illegitimate."  I always
> cringe a little when I hear anarchists and other anti-authoritarian
> types use the word "legitimate" as if that was legitimate.  :D

	no, "legitimate" simply means "legal", "in accordance with law" - and in the context of anarchism it obviously mean in accordance with natural law, natural rights, natural justice, common sense morality etc.

	"legitimate" comes from latin "legitimus" which in turn comes from the root "lex" (law).

	feel free to provide a source showing that "lex"(law) actually means "lord"

	meanwhile I'd point out that "lord" in latin is "dominus", and "house" is "domus" so I imagine "dominus" is the lord of the household or something like that. Notice that "dominus" is the obvious source for the english word "domination" which clearly implies authority.

	(I mentioned all this in a previous reply to you - maybe you never saw it?)