encrypted end to end file sending - "Firefox Send" - analysis?

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Wed Jun 19 11:28:20 PDT 2019

On 19/06/2019 10:12, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

>    Firefox Send
>    https://send.firefox.com/
>
>    Firefox Send lets you share files with end-to-end encryption

well, not by my definition, in which end-to-end encryption means that
only the people at the ends can decrypt the data. In this case, firefox
can both access your data and decrypt it.

and a
>    link that automatically expires.

if Firefox automatically expire it. Or don't decide to just keep it for
themselves.

So you can keep what you share
>    private and make sure your stuff doesn’t stay online forever.
There is no surety of that.

So, basically it's shit.

-- Peter Fairbrother