Galloway …has campaigned tirelessly for Assange’s freedom - [PEACE]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Jun 14 23:54:58 PDT 2019

  Extradition order to send Assange to US poses existential threat
  to all truth seekers – Galloway
  https://www.rt.com/news/461759-assange-galloway-extradition-uk-us/

    Julian Assange’s extradition to the US would be a deathblow for
    all truth seekers, George Galloway told RT, warning that anyone
    who fails to support Assange will one day share the same fate as
    the persecuted Wikileaks co-founder.

    Britain’s Home Secretary Sajid Javid revealed on Thursday that
    he had signed a request for the extradition of Assange to the
    US, where he is accused of violating the Espionage Act. The
    order will go before the UK courts on Friday.

    Galloway, a former MP who has campaigned tirelessly for
    Assange’s freedom, quipped that the “dark” episode shows that
    Theresa May’s “zombie” government was “not content with all the
    other disasters for which it’s responsible.”

    He insisted that Assange’s supporters would “never give up” the
    fight to stop his extradition to the US and secure his safe
    release from UK custody.

    Failing to support Assange now will have disastrous consequences
    for journalism and all who profess to hold progressive values,
    Galloway warned. He expressed particular discontent with those
    who would have ordinarily protested Assange’s treatment at the
    hands of the UK authorities, but remained silent because the
    Wikileaks co-founder was accused of sexual misconduct – what
    Galloway decried as a politically-motivated smear.

      The liberals and the progressives, as they describe
      themselves, they will one day be a victim of this tyranny
      themselves, that is unless they eventually give up any
      pretense of actually being liberals and actually being
      progressives.

    Asked about what would happen if Assange is ultimately
    extradited, Galloway said that the consequences for allowing such
    an injustice would be devastating.

    “Every truth seeker will go down if Julian goes down.”

    Assange faces a litany of charges in the US, including one count
    of conspiring with Chelsea Manning, the former intelligence
    analyst and whistleblower, to gain access to the US Pentagon
    network. The Australian journalist is currently serving a 50-week
    prison sentence in the UK for jumping bail.

  Journalists silent on Assange’s plight are complicit in his
  torture and imprisonment
  https://www.rt.com/op-ed/461509-journalists-media-assange-wikileaks/