18 ways Julian Assange changed the world (by Lee Camp) - [PEACE]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Jun 4 05:35:16 PDT 2019

On Tue, Jun 04, 2019 at 07:00:25AM -0400, John Young wrote:
> "Changed the world" is marketing hyperbole. Items listed are worthy but hardly
> planetary-grade, indeed could be disparaged as fake-like headline news. Must
> point out "WikiLeaks" is a hyperbolizing marketing term, a successful branding
> campaign composed of two reconfigured, stolen, promotional terms

  stolen

  rape

  fake

  hyperbole marketing

> To be sure, copying predecessors, Martin Luther (and namesake King) posted a
> list which became a highly successful protestant branding campaign against the
> dominant only one true "catholic" faith and its erection-architecture-obsessed
> pederastic church, branding the proliferating, crowd-funding piles with
> namesaking-saints-listing to lipstick globalizing slaughterhouse murderers
> which inseminated this spoiled brat of a forever-bragging-branding-USA nation.
>
> Credit, modestly stated, is most certainly due to Assange and his mostly
> anonymous cohorts for challenging USA and Four Others-branding their global
> slaughterhouse military with spy-sky lipsticking national security (C)(R)

Aye, a moment of modest credit many would agree is appropriate.

> threats. And it may be necessary to exaggerate to gain attention against the
> vast disinformation hyperbolizing apparatus, lately the Internet, to turn the
> autocratic weaponized dupery into a counter, comical, dupery, even if only a
> pinprick.
>
> Fine, then, exaggerate, lie, hide, valorize, but prepare for casualties,
> "innocents" imprisoned, stigmatized, murdered -- can it not be overstated the

  "Tell what you know or shut the fuck up"

Had manning "told what she knew" publicly, would her fate have been
any better?

Some individuals are compelled within their being to "tell what they
know".  Is it possible that the infrastructure/ dark net web drop
provided by Wiki (STOLEN WORD!) leaks (ABUSED WORD!), provided
sufficient lag time for Manning to actually abide her conscience and
publish/ leak that which she chose to speak.

If only "the lurid Wikileaks marketing campaign" -had- succeeded -
were we to have 100s of 1000s of "industrial scale leaking
whistleblowers", perhaps then a better outcome could be had by all,
a true changing of the evil regime we all presently suffer.

I would hope the "stolen" marketing term 'Wikileaks' 'getting in the
way' might motivate suggestions for improvement - WikiWhistleblowers?
WikiBlow? WhistleWiki?

Every time we speak, we "steal" words, ideas, concepts.

  “Be Ye Cautioned, word thief!”

Some of us even had the hide to imagine that "information" "wanted to
be free"; how can we have useful information without words "for the
stealing"?

> mass murderous policies of national security religion are ubiquitous, the tiny
> killings by armed individuals would not show up on a chart of what nations do,
> mass-scaled, to anonymous humans.

Indeed.

> Lee Camp understates what Assange and company could represent, almost as if he
> dare not arouse the collaeral murdering giants any more than journalists and
> "leakers" do, that is exhibit fear and trembling, in hapless literature, as
> Kierkegaard did of the holy power to condemn and urge killing faithless
> dissenters.

Some Leeward Campers do but an iota.

Some do just a little more.

Some would like to see a little more recognition of the good
intentioned and the useful, albeit with moments of modest caution -
nothing wrong with highlighting human failings, but is crucifying the
messengers who at least give it a go, really that useful to us?
Possibly even counter productive?  Surely demonstrations of "the
better ways" is what we need, and not (fundamentally) petty bickering
of all too common human failings?

Good luck all, this world is a tough crowd to please - even a good
ole crucifixion don't satisfy a crowd these days, nothing but a
bloody stone-ing, a beating to a bloody pulp of the little guy who
failed to deliver his good intention perfectly enough to satisfy we
stone throwers.

Could our message "be a saint or move the fuck on" possibly deter a
conscionable and willing potential supporter?