18 ways Julian Assange changed the world (by Lee Camp) - [PEACE]

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Tue Jun 4 04:00:25 PDT 2019

"Changed the world" is marketing hyperbole. Items
listed are worthy but hardly planetary-grade,
indeed could be disparaged as fake-like headline
news. Must point out "WikiLeaks" is a
hyperbolizing marketing term, a successful
branding campaign composed of two reconfigured, stolen, promotional terms

To be sure, copying predecessors, Martin Luther
(and namesake King) posted a list which became a
highly successful protestant branding campaign
against the dominant only one true "catholic"
faith and its erection-architecture-obsessed
pederastic church, branding the proliferating,
crowd-funding piles with
namesaking-saints-listing to lipstick globalizing
slaughterhouse murderers which inseminated this
spoiled brat of a forever-bragging-branding-USA nation.

Credit, modestly stated, is most certainly due to
Assange and his mostly anonymous cohorts for
challenging USA and Four Others-branding their
global slaughterhouse military with spy-sky
lipsticking national security (C)(R) threats. And
it may be necessary to exaggerate to gain
attention against the vast disinformation
hyperbolizing apparatus, lately the Internet, to
turn the autocratic weaponized dupery into a
counter, comical, dupery, even if only a pinprick.

Fine, then, exaggerate, lie, hide, valorize, but
prepare for casualties, "innocents" imprisoned,
stigmatized, murdered -- can it not be overstated
the mass murderous policies of national security
religion are ubiquitous, the tiny killings by
armed individuals would not show up on a chart of
what nations do, mass-scaled, to anonymous humans.

Lee Camp understates what Assange and company
could represent, almost as if he dare not arouse
the collaeral murdering giants any more than
journalists and "leakers" do, that is exhibit
fear and trembling, in hapless literature, as
Kierkegaard did of the holy power to condemn and
urge killing faithless dissenters.

At 05:44 AM 6/4/2019, you wrote:
> [...]
>   Americans don’t root for the truth. Many Americans cheer for
>   Assange’s imprisonment. They believe the corporate plutocratic
>   talking points and yearn for the days when we no longer have to
>   hear about our country’s crimes against humanity or our bankers’
>   crimes against the economy. Subconsciously they must believe that a
>   life in which we’re tirelessly exploited by rich villains and know
>   all about it thanks to the exhaustive efforts of an eccentric
>   Australian is worse than one in which we’re tirelessly exploited by
>   rich villains yet know nothing about it.
>
>   “Ignorance is bliss” is the meditative mantra of the United States
>   of America.
>
>   Julian Assange has been arrested and is now locked away in British
>   custody. The U.S. government wants to extradite him, regardless of
>   the official version, for the crime of revealing our government’s
>   crimes. Nearly every government on our third rock from the sun
>   despises the man for bringing transparency to the process of ruling
>   the unwashed masses. (The level of wash has, however, increased
>   thanks to aggressive marketing campaigns from a variety of shampoo
>   brands.)
>
>   It is politically inconvenient at this time for the screaming
>   corporate news to remind our entire citizenry what exactly
>   WikiLeaks has done for us. So you won’t see the following list of
>   WikiLeaks’ accomplishments anywhere on your corporate airwaves—in
>   the same way the mainstream media did not begin every report about
>   Chelsea Manning’s trial with a rundown of the war crimes she helped
>   reveal.
>
>   And Chelsea Manning’s most famous leak is arguably also WikiLeaks’
>   most famous leak, so it’ll top this list:
>
>   1) That would be the notorious Collateral Murder video, showing
>      U.S. air crew gunning down unarmed Iraqi civilians with an
>      enthusiasm that couldn’t be matched by an eight-year-old winning
>      a five-foot-tall stuffed animal at the county fair. They
>      murdered between 12 and 18 innocent people, two of them Reuters
>      journalists.
>
>      Zero people have been arrested for the collateral murders. Yet
>      Julian Assange has been arrested for revealing them.
>
>   2) WikiLeaks brought us the Guantanamo Bay “Camp Delta Standard
>      Operating Procedures”—showing that many of the prisoners held on
>      the U.S. military detention facility were completely innocent,
>      and that some were hidden from Red Cross officials. (Because
>      when you’re torturing innocent people, you kinda want to do that
>      in peace and quiet, away from prying eyes. It’s very easy to get
>      distracted, and then you lose your place and have to start all
>      over again.)
>
>      None of the soldiers torturing innocent people at Gitmo have
>      been arrested for it. Yet Julian Assange has been arrested for
>      revealing it.
>
>   3) Not content with revealing only war crimes, WikiLeaks in 2008
>      came out with the secret bibles of Scientology, which showed
 aliens are inside all of us
>      or
 aliens give us indigestion. I can’t really remember.