18 ways Julian Assange changed the world (by Lee Camp) - [PEACE]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Jun 4 02:44:01 PDT 2019

Lee Camp puts into words the significant headlines (positives) re
Julian Assange.

Thank you Lee Camp.

  18 ways Julian Assange changed the world (by Lee Camp)
  https://www.rt.com/op-ed/460935-julian-assange-changed-world/

  In an evolved and fully realized society, the oligarchy would see
  Assange as a dangerous criminal (which they do), and the average
  working men and women would view him as justice personified (which
  they don’t). We would celebrate him even as the mass media told us
  to hope for his downfall—like a Batman or a Robin Hood or an Ozzy
  Osbourne (the early years, not the
  cleaning-dog-turds-off-his-carpet years).

  But we are not evolved and this is not Gotham City and average
  Americans don’t root for the truth. Many Americans cheer for
  Assange’s imprisonment. They believe the corporate plutocratic
  talking points and yearn for the days when we no longer have to
  hear about our country’s crimes against humanity or our bankers’
  crimes against the economy. Subconsciously they must believe that a
  life in which we’re tirelessly exploited by rich villains and know
  all about it thanks to the exhaustive efforts of an eccentric
  Australian is worse than one in which we’re tirelessly exploited by
  rich villains yet know nothing about it.

  “Ignorance is bliss” is the meditative mantra of the United States
  of America.

  Julian Assange has been arrested and is now locked away in British
  custody. The U.S. government wants to extradite him, regardless of
  the official version, for the crime of revealing our government’s
  crimes. Nearly every government on our third rock from the sun
  despises the man for bringing transparency to the process of ruling
  the unwashed masses. (The level of wash has, however, increased
  thanks to aggressive marketing campaigns from a variety of shampoo
  brands.)

  It is politically inconvenient at this time for the screaming
  corporate news to remind our entire citizenry what exactly
  WikiLeaks has done for us. So you won’t see the following list of
  WikiLeaks’ accomplishments anywhere on your corporate airwaves—in
  the same way the mainstream media did not begin every report about
  Chelsea Manning’s trial with a rundown of the war crimes she helped
  reveal.

  And Chelsea Manning’s most famous leak is arguably also WikiLeaks’
  most famous leak, so it’ll top this list:

  1) That would be the notorious Collateral Murder video, showing
     U.S. air crew gunning down unarmed Iraqi civilians with an
     enthusiasm that couldn’t be matched by an eight-year-old winning
     a five-foot-tall stuffed animal at the county fair. They
     murdered between 12 and 18 innocent people, two of them Reuters
     journalists.

     Zero people have been arrested for the collateral murders. Yet
     Julian Assange has been arrested for revealing them.

  2) WikiLeaks brought us the Guantanamo Bay “Camp Delta Standard
     Operating Procedures”—showing that many of the prisoners held on
     the U.S. military detention facility were completely innocent,
     and that some were hidden from Red Cross officials. (Because
     when you’re torturing innocent people, you kinda want to do that
     in peace and quiet, away from prying eyes. It’s very easy to get
     distracted, and then you lose your place and have to start all
     over again.)

     None of the soldiers torturing innocent people at Gitmo have
     been arrested for it. Yet Julian Assange has been arrested for
     revealing it.

  3) Not content with revealing only war crimes, WikiLeaks in 2008
     came out with the secret bibles of Scientology, which showed
     that aliens, um, run the world or… aliens are inside all of us
     or… aliens give us indigestion. I can’t really remember.

     But no one has ever been arrested for perpetrating that nutbag
     cult. Yet Julian Assange has for revealing it.