Faith In Technology [ex: Crypto GovBankCorp]

Punk punks at tfwno.gf
Wed Jul 24 13:02:13 PDT 2019

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 05:34:40 -0400
John Newman <jnn at synfin.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 04:08:39PM -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> > > What's the answer to the Fermi paradox?
>
> < SNIP >
>
> I was hinting at something simpler. Namely: any sufficiently
> intelligent life form will destroy itself

	why?

> before it ever gets a
> chance to send von neumann probes out pissing its mark all over
> the universe.

	and why would 'they' send 'probes'? And what makes you think anyone can 'send probes' all over an infinite universe?

 	the explanation for the alleged 'fermi paradox' looks kinda clear to me. Imperialist western assholes who have raped the whole world take for granted that 'aliens' would do the same thing with the whole universe...

	however, I'd assume that intelligent beings wouldn't bother 'colonizing the universe'. So there isn't any 'paradox'. Just a self centered assumption made by some ppl.