Area 51: 1M to Storm Area 51 in Massive Naruto Run to See Them Aliens

Steve Kinney admin at pilobilus.net
Sun Jul 14 12:58:10 PDT 2019

On 7/13/19 12:14 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/11/us/alien-march-facebook-event-trnd/index.html
> https://www.facebook.com/events/448435052621047/
>
> Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us
>
> Friday, 20 September 2019 from 03:00-06:00 PDT
> Area 51
> Amargosa Valley, Nevada 20908
> 662K going ยท 614K interested
> We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and
> coordinate our entry. If we naruto run, we can move faster than their
> bullets. Lets see them aliens.

As a wargamer this amuses me to no end.  General Jack D. Ripper's troops
at "the battle of" Burpleson AFB come to mind.  But today's Generals
have both the training and the inclination for Corporate thought, and
they have to see this silliness as a major expense:  Start with direct
costs of crowd control preparations, add indirect costs including
administrative and operational overhead secondary to "chaos outside the
base."  CI people will view the turmoil caused by the tinfoil turnout as
a source of targets of opportunity for opposition espionage assets to
exploit.

So at least the Storm Area 51 thing will annoy the hell out of Uncle
Sam's boys & girls, and cost the public a medium sized fortune; that's
worth doing for its own sake.

I do see a bit more here than a comedy version of civil disobedience.
Big Brother gets a lovely field exercise in crowd control - a chance to
use all that cop equipment that's just been piling up in armories,
parking lots, warehouses... and a chance to redefine rules of
engagement.  The near-uniform fanatical loyalty of the crowd to that
Trump person presents some potentially amusing optics:  Faithful MAGA
Patriots arrested and transported en masse!

In real life I expect Nevada National Guard to meet the crowd, if any,
outside the base fence with lots of borrowed prison busses lined up and
ready for transportees.  The inherent unpredictability of network
mediated crowd surges would mandate over-preparation on the defender's
side - swarms move faster than requisition orders.

The invading force, if any, will contain a critical mass of individuals
who think 4G network signals permanently injure and even kill people.
We know that, because many of them sit for hours daily with their mobile
phones out, typing rants and getting into arguments about the deadly
dangers of cell phone signals. I think this presents as the invading
forces' Achilles heel.

On the Federal side of the fence, I would look into deploying microwave
fences and crowd control weapons (or pretending to truck them in, if
already built into the landscape).  Considering the physical terrain and
the need to avoid adverse publicity by causing grave physical harm to
wily invaders, I don't see how General Ripper & Co. could say no to
this, once informed that the option stands open.  Hell, just SAY you are
doing it, roll out a few big ominous looking parabolic antennas, and let
mass hysteria do the rest.

:o)