spoofing was newsflash! cypherpunks mailing list is behind cloudflare-NSA

Punk punks at tfwno.gf
Fri Jul 12 20:44:13 PDT 2019

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 21:09:32 -0500
"Shawn K. Quinn" <skquinn at rushpost.com> wrote:

> On 7/11/19 23:02, Punk wrote:
> > oh and I didn't send the previous message "Cryptocurrency: Trump Pumps Cryptos, Andreas Blasts jewcoins"
>
> Someone hijacked your session or has your password perhaps? From the
> headers on that message:

>  (using TLSv1.2 with cipher ADH-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits))
>  (No client certificate requested)
>  by pglaf.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 2312911C040D
>  for <cypherpunks at lists.cpunks.org>; Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:17:23 -0700 (PDT)

	hmm - yeah I too looked at the headers and saw that the message apparently came from cock.li.  I assumed that cock.li  allows spoofing of the sender, so anyone with an account there can do it? IIRC somebody also spoofed my gmail account once or twice, although that was easier to see in the headers.

> So it really came from cock.li. So if it's not specific to your account,
> either cock.li got hacked, or it's an inside job by Vince

	hmm - now that you mention that, it's kinda obvious that these two spoofed messages

	https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2019-July/075590.html
	https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2019-July/075576.html

	came from the same person who has written a lot of similar messages using addresses from cock.li - so he MIGHT be Vince? (or the NSA who hacked his server...or...long list)

	Here are some examples of messages that my natural 'neural network' tells me come from the same person (patterns are pretty obvious...)

	https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2017-August/068903.html
	https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2017-August/068906.html
	https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2017-August/068907.html
	https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2017-October/069409.html