newsflash! cypherpunks mailing list is behind cloudflare-NSA

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 15:34:07 PDT 2019

On 7/12/19, Greg Newby <gbnewby at pglaf.org> wrote:
> Newsflash! This happened in April, and was announced here:
>   https://lists.cpunks.org/pipermail/cypherpunks/2019-April/045250.html
> We have been on Cloudflare's DNS since then for the email lists.

Use of CF or any other CDN was not mentioned in the announcement,
whether for DNS, or HTTPS. The entire internet is NSA anyway.

If CDN for HTTPS, consider multihoming on I2P or Tor
so users can still access when CDN javascript captcha
or otherwise arbitrarily blocks them or goes down.

As to caching bandwidth and archives...

You really should fork that 335MiB mbox file off now
or no later than year end, and compress it, and
then once yearly thereafter, and sign them all.
People will eventually seed them into IPFS, etc.

Try using a modern unix compression tool like zstd,
they are faster, smaller, available for all systems...

https://github.com/facebook/zstd
https://facebook.github.io/zstd/
https://code.fb.com/core-data/zstandard/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zstandard