Why a state of emergency "due to currency collapse" only benefits the elite

Punk punks at tfwno.gf
Fri Jan 25 09:19:58 PST 2019

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 17:46:48 +1100
Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 02:06:01AM -0300, Punk wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 15:55:10 +1100
> > Zenaan Harkness <zen at freedbms.net> wrote:
> >
> > > The looming US Dollar collapse is something the Lame Stream Media and
> > > "the elite" want us to believe requires "a state of emergency" to be
> > > declared.
> > >
> > > This is simply not true - a new currency could immediately replace
> > > the old, within say 48 hours maximum.
> >
> > 	what currency can do that?
>
> What currency would you accept?
>
> Gold and silver coin?

	Yeah, gold and silver are fine. I'm not sure they could be (re)adopted overnight, not because of any fault of their own but because the govt money system is obviously entrenched. On the other hand, it can happen gradually and probably in a gradual but fast way.

> Some digital coin? Everyone gets a million digits to start?

	I don't think cryptocurrencies are mature enough. There's no scalable, decentralized, anonymous cryptocoin as far as I know. Gold and silver are pretty hard to beat =)

> > > The problem with the simple option is that this simple option implies
> > > a wipe out of existing debts, and complete "debt forgiveness" for
> > > outstanding debtees - in particular, the USA government i.e.
> > > "nominally, the people".
> >
> > 	that isn't exactly a problem - they will repudiate their debts. That's not a problem(for them) - that's their objective.
>
> The point is, control intends to maintain control, by the mechanisms
> in place and the shift soon to come.

	Yes and debt repudiation either outright or through massive inflation is one way to maintain control.

> Another point is, can we shift in a way which is more useful, or
> makes more sense for more folks...

	Seems unlikely for the time being given the current political 'culture' (or complete lack of culture rather)