USB Type-C Auth: Now Monopolizing Backdoors in Yer ROM's

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:36:09 PST 2019

> Not open, not yours.

https://www.wired.com/story/intel-meltdown-spectre-storm/
The Elite Intel Team Still Fighting Meltdown and Spectre
"With Meltdown and Spectre we were very aggressive with how we
approached this problem," says Dhinesh Manoharan, who heads Intel's
offensive security research division, which includes STORM. "The
amount of products that we needed to deal with and address and the
pace in which we did this -- we set a really high bar."
Intel's offensive security research team comprises about 60 people who
focus on proactive security testing and in-depth investigations. STORM
is a subset, about a dozen people who specifically work on prototyping
exploits to show their practical impact. They help shed light on how
far a vulnerability really extends, while also pointing to potential
mitigations. The strategy helped them catch as many variants as
possible of the speculative execution vulnerabilities that emerged in
a slow trickle throughout 2018. "Every time a new state of the art
capability or attack is discovered we need to keep tracking it, doing
work on it, and making sure that our technologies are still
resilient," says Rodrigo Branco, who heads STORM. "It was no different
for Spectre and Meltdown. The only difference in that case is the
size, because it also affected other companies and the industry as a
whole."

Blatant spin.

Open all your shit and launch a public bugtracker.

#OpenFabs , #OpenHW , #OpenSW , #OpenDev , #OpenBiz

CPU's are not that elite, someone will do this someday,
and reap immense profits for decades as the first trustable
player in the market.