Where is Coderman?

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 06:21:40 PST 2019

Hey,

I don't know much about coderman, but he introduced me to this list.

After some activism volunteering a few years ago, I found myself
persistently harassed by strangers, authorities, and anonymous hackers
in very misleading and often abusive ways.

I found coderman on #tor-talk on freenode, which I joined in a state
of intense fear and confusion to try to get the word out and seek
help.  Immediately after I started talking on the channel there were
multiple netsplits, and coderman was one of the few on the same set of
servers as me.  He mentioned this list, the value of SDR work, other
things about open source, security, and my experience, and e-mailed
me.

Coderman was the only person I was able to get in contact with who
seemed to have any understanding of my situation.

I mention this because what was happening to me was _really intense_
and destroyed not only my livelihood but also that of friends who
supported me.  I would not have been surprised if something happened
to other people I talked to in order to continue suppressing the
things I was exposed to.  But I also recognize this was a time of
extreme paranoia for me, so it is hard to know which fears were
overblown.

I developed serious mental issues from being in that situation where I
was persistently separated from normality, and am still very much
struggling with these issues.  I am very frightened to talk about and
further research this, which is why I have not spoken up in the past.

This is not trolling or a joke.

Karl