The New York Times: Chuck Peddle Dies at 82; His $25 Chip Helped Start the PC Age

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Thu Dec 26 17:22:11 PST 2019

HAHAHHA! SCO! The Silicon Beach pirates ... Linux thieves!

Coherent.. I used it on a 386 after playing with Microware's OS9v2 for
Color Computers.

I stuck with that COCO3 until the early 90s. I refused to use XT 8088s
or MS-Dos because they simply couldn't multitask. I put jNos on one,
text-file driven tcpip with tools, for ham radio, then put a bunk IP at
the end of the nameserver list and pointed the connection that way. It
was a ham radio tcp/ip node list. MAYBE a few hundred kilobytes. A
half-hour later the XT was STILL chugging it'a way through the
nameserver list, and I pulled the plug.

Rr