Chuck Peddle Passes

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Thu Dec 26 08:08:31 PST 2019

Punk-Stasi 2.0 wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 10:22:51 -0800
> Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> Like Tim May, a Santa Cruzer who really didn't give fux for
>> moneygrubbing techie libertards infesting the industry.
>>

> 	your view of may seems pretty idealized. May was a self-described 'anarchocapitalist', he liked the randroid cunt and he got some million dollars* working for flagship americunt govcorp mafia intel.
>
> 	IIRC I read somewhere that may left the cpunks list because it was renamed/hosted at al-qaeda.net.
>
> 	he certainly was better educated that the typical rethuglican 'libertarian' but that bar is pretty low.
>

> *not really sure about the figure, maybe around a hundred million dollars?

I don't think he was the typical ancap libertard. Or perhaps he was a
'tard of the times' and the concept has become even more disgustingly
perverted (Remember, Mother Earth News first rag-paper issue had an
article about Rand corp and techie types becoming nomads in RVs and
fleeing the corporate world... A fit with the back to the land hippies
of the time)

Did you note this in one of my earlier posts? (sj: penal code).

The person's name is Jeff. He and Tim used to sit with him on a bench
downtown  ... Tim wearing a tinfoil tricorner hat and 'x-ray' specs.
They may be related.

> "There was a middle age 'street person' who used to hang out downtown.
Literally lived on one of the benches on North Pacific St. for years.
Played guitar well, but never busked... just played to himself. Highly
intelligent on a wide variety of subjects but hostile if
confronted with information he thought was garbage. One day at the
coffee shop his ears perked up when I mentioned Tim and he told me he
knew him well. A few days after Tim passed, he disappeared and I haven't
seen him since. The guy has been around here doing that 'bench living'
gig for literally decades. I do recall seeing them sitting on a bench
together once or twice. Does anyone know if Tim had a brother? The guy
was too old to be a son. It's just odd that he should have disappeared
concurrently with Tim's passing and I wonder if he's related, or had
some sort of willed rights to Tim's property."

As far as making millions, like my friend Wally, a Mechanical Engineer
for HP in the early 70s who got a big cut of the patent for the
measurement system HP used to gauge the flying height of a drive head
over a disk, Tim really wasn't interested in being a millionaire nor was
it a goal and both GTFO as soon as it happened ... to do what they
wanted in life.

Wally bought an apple ranch up in the Soquel hills and grows apples for
Martinelli Cider in Watsonville for example. He hires Mexicans for
better than prevailing wage to pick them. He borrowed a farm truck from
one of the big name local growers down by Moss Landing and I'd use it to
take the bins down to Watsonville. Martinelli's weighmaster was one of
the family daughters. The whole biz is a family operation.

Point being people who aren't trying to be rich and do become that have
a choice... they can either choose to become a psychopath, or GTFO. Even
the guy who wrote the Angry Birds game GTFO.