The New York Times: Chuck Peddle Dies at 82; His $25 Chip Helped Start the PC Age

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 25 13:19:48 PST 2019

    On Wednesday, December 25, 2019, 12:43:50 PM PST, Punk-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

 On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 18:55:59 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>  In implementing that, I had just invented the Disk Emulator, or semiconductor disk.  Technically, there may have been a similar thing for mainframes, but mine was the first for Personal Computers.

>    as if we needed more proof of what kind of fraud so called 'intelectual property' is.

 >   XXXX 'technically' existed but I RE-'invented' it anyway haha

I didn't attempt to patent my SemiDisk because I considered the idea too obvious.  In hindsight, I could probably have obtained a valid patent, at least in personal computers.
During the 1990's, there was the phenomenon of "form-factor patents": Features in hard drives were being patented where they were "the first 3.5 inch hard drive to have [fill in the blank]".   This was very controversial.

The Problem of Reducing Patentability to Novelty ...

   -
Jul 31, 2017 - ... became actively involved in patent law policy conversations because the disk drive industry was suffering from so-called “form factor” patents.Jan 15, 2020 - Jan 16, 2020Certified Patent ...Feb 4, 2020 - Feb 5, 2020Certified Patent ...Mar 9, 2020 - Mar 11, 2020Global IP Exchange ...

|  |  |

|  |
Global IP Exchange Europe - IPWatchdog.com | Patents & Patent Law

Global IP Exchange Europe 9 – 11 March 2020 | Hotel Palace, Berlin, Germany The Global IP Exchange EU brings tog...

            Jim Bell