What is there to protect?

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Dec 22 21:29:29 PST 2019

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 05:31:09AM +0000, Ryan Carboni wrote:
> What is there left to protect? The idea that elites are immune to
> prosecution (complete with bribes to the prosecutors to appoint a jury
> favorable to the defence)? The image of men you had orgies with? It is
> not as if any of you elites actually care about anything other than
> those things.
>
> There is no need to accuse other portions of the elite of pedophilia,

Oh yes, yes there is - but perhaps not for the reasons you might
think: pedophilia is an easy entrapment of politicians, in order to
wield the power of blackmail over them - you got naughty with a 14 or
15 year old? "Now, you are my politician, and you will act as I say,
if you value your reputation."

To the extent such blackmail is used, your government is certainly
corrupt, by any definition of the term "corrupt".

To bring about a greater possibility of peace and order, both
intra- and inter-nationally, we must handle such corruption.

How exactly to handle such corruption is another question - perhaps
the LGBT crowd could liberalise all "sexual regulation" laws, in
particular to reduce the age of consent to that of older times, and
in so doing, eliminate all blackmail involving such 'underage sex'.

Perhaps even non-LGBT folks might lean in such a direction.