California Penal Code 12355

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Dec 22 21:20:40 PST 2019

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 06:58:38PM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> People know what you're talking about.

For some, thinking about the (real) problems and the possible
solutions and the natures of humans and the pathways of events that
may arise from various human events, is perhaps overwhelming.

Restitution.  Some shall demand an eye for an eye, blood for blood,
"their pound of flesh", and it is only the power of police with guns
and the courts that keeps such persons 'accepting' something other
than an eye for an eye.

Weak people - i.e. those who fail to learn and experience what
confront is at various levels of intensity - often give up even the
ground of fact, truth and righteousness they begin with, just to
avoid the confront of having to speak your own entitlements - e.g. if
you loaned say $5,000 and that amount of money is significant for
you:

  "Hey, I'm now $5K out of pocket - this means a lot to me, we need
  to sort this out!"

  vs

  "Oh, I need it, but you know, may be you can get back to me about
  this in the future some time?"

So, for starters, one must find dignity within ones.elf.

>From their, consider guidance from $CHOSEN_SOURCE, Matt:18 being one.

With no recommendations or SOURCEs from which to consult and take
guidance from, eye for an eye may lead to an old testament world of
incivility, indignity, and small mindedness.

Guidelines should only ever guide.

There is no silver bullet to all problems (of course).

When loaning $significant_for_you money, and your target is unknown
to you (and their likelihood of repaying is unknown), consider not
loaning to them if failure to repay will impact you significantly.

Consider a written contract, and other clauses which might mollify
your need for worldly "security" and problem resolution jurisdiction.

Create your world,