The Georgia Guidestones is a statement that should not go unquestioned

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 00:06:17 PST 2019

On 12/22/19, Ryan Carboni <ryacko at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Georgia Guidestones is a statement that should not go
> unquestioned. Unless of course they meant it ironically. You know, a
> few billionaires hear about a conspiracy theory and decide to make the
> conspiracy real with a monument, carefully crafted and proportioned.
>
> The world population stands at over seven billion. A reduction to half
> a billion cannot be by the consent of the governed. Bold statements
> regarding the futures of others cannot go unquestioned within a free
> society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Georgia Guidestones
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Georgia Guidestones
Georgia Guidestones is located in the United States
Georgia Guidestones
Location in the United States
Show map of the United StatesShow map of Georgia (U.S. state)Show all
Coordinates	34°13′55″N 82°53′40″WCoordinates: 34°13′55″N 82°53′40″W
Location	Elbert County, Georgia, US
Material	Granite
Height	19 ft 3 in (5.87 m)
Opening date	March 22, 1980

The Georgia Guidestones are a granite monument erected in 1980 in
Elbert County, Georgia, in the United States. A set of 10 guidelines
is inscribed on the structure in eight modern languages and a shorter
message is inscribed at the top of the structure in four ancient
language scripts.

The monument stands at an approximate elevation of 750 feet (230 m)
above sea level, about 90 miles (140 km) east of Atlanta, 45 miles (72
km) from Athens, Georgia and 9 miles (14 km) north of the center of
the city of Elberton.

One slab stands in the center, with four arranged around it. A
capstone lies on top of the five slabs, which are astronomically
aligned. An additional stone tablet, which is set in the ground a
short distance to the west of the structure, provides some notes on
the history and purpose of the guidestones. The structure is sometimes
referred to as an "American Stonehenge".[1] The monument is 19 feet 3
inches (5.87 m) tall, made from six granite slabs weighing 237,746
pounds (107,840 kg) in all.[2] The anonymity of the guidestones'
authors and their apparent advocacy of population control, eugenics,
and internationalism have made them a target for controversy and
conspiracy theory.
Contents

    1 History
    2 Description
        2.1 Inscriptions
    3 Explanatory tablet
        3.1 Physical data
        3.2 Guidestone languages
        3.3 Astronomical features
    4 Interpretations
    5 References
    6 Further reading
    7 External links

History

In June 1979, a man using the pseudonym Robert C. Christian approached
the Elberton Granite Finishing Company on behalf of "a small group of
loyal Americans", and commissioned the structure. Christian explained
that the stones would function as a compass, calendar and clock, and
should be capable of withstanding catastrophic events. Joe Fendley of
Elberton Granite assumed that Christian was "a nut" and attempted to
discourage him by giving a quote several times higher than any project
the company had taken, explaining that the guidestones would require
additional tools and consultants. Christian accepted the quote.[2]
When arranging payment, Christian explained that he represented a
group which had been planning the guidestones for 20 years, and which
intended to remain anonymous.[2]

Christian delivered a scale model of the guidestones and ten pages of
specifications.[2] The five-acre[2] (2 ha) land was apparently
purchased by Christian on October 1, 1979,[3][4][non-primary source
needed] from farm owner Wayne Mullinex.[2] Mullinex and his children
were given lifetime cattle grazing rights on the guidestones site.[2]
The monument was unveiled on March 22, 1980, before an audience
variously described as 100[5] or 400 people.[2] Christian later
transferred ownership of the land and the guidestones to Elbert
County.[2]
The stones defaced with polyurethane paint and graffiti

In 2008, the stones were defaced with polyurethane paint and graffiti
with slogans such as "Death to the new world order".[6] Wired magazine
called the defacement "the first serious act of vandalism in the
guidestones' history".[2] In September 2014, an employee of the Elbert
County maintenance department contacted the Federal Bureau of
Investigation when the stones were vandalized with graffiti including
the phrase "I Am Isis, goddess of love".[7]
Description
Inscriptions

A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is
engraved on the Georgia Guidestones[8] in eight different languages,
one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving
clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are:
English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Traditional Chinese,
and Russian.

    Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
    Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
    Unite humanity with a living new language.
    Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
    Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
    Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a
world court.
    Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
    Balance personal rights with social duties.
    Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
    Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room
for nature.

Explanatory tablet
An explanatory tablet is set alongside the stones

A few feet to the west of the monument, an additional granite ledger
has been set level with the ground. This tablet identifies the
structure and the languages used on it, lists various facts about the
size, weight, and astronomical features of the stones, the date it was
installed, and the sponsors of the project. It also speaks of a time
capsule buried under the tablet, but spaces on the stone reserved for
filling in the dates on which the capsule was buried and is to be
opened have not been inscribed, so it is uncertain if the time capsule
was put in place.

The complete text of the explanatory tablet is detailed below. The
tablet is somewhat inconsistent with respect to punctuation, and
misspells the word "pseudonym". The original spelling, punctuation,
and line breaks in the text have been preserved in the transcription
which follows (letter case is not). At the top center of the tablet is
written:

    The Georgia Guidestones

    Center cluster erected March 22, 1980

Immediately below this is the outline of a square, inside which is written:

    Let these be guidestones to an Age of Reason

Around the edges of the square are written translations to four
ancient languages, one per edge. Starting from the top and proceeding
clockwise, they are: Babylonian (in cuneiform script), Classical
Greek, Sanskrit and Ancient Egyptian (in hieroglyphs).
The guidestones' "Astronomic Features"
Undated instructions for the site's time capsule

On the left side of the tablet is the following column of text:

    Astronomic Features

    1. Channel through stone
    indicates celestial pole
    2. Horizontal slot indicates
    annual travel of sun
    3. Sunbeam through capstone
    marks noontime throughout
    the year

    Author: R.C. Christian
    (a pseudonyn) [sic]

    Sponsors: A small group
    of Americans who seek
    the Age of Reason

    Time Capsule
    Placed six feet below this spot
    On
    To be opened on

The words appear as shown under the time capsule heading; no dates are engraved.
Physical data

On the right side of the tablet is the following column of text
(metric conversions added):

    PHYSICAL DATA

        1. OVERALL HEIGHT – 19 FEET 3 INCHES [5.87 m].
        2. TOTAL WEIGHT – 237,746 POUNDS [107,840 kg].
        3. FOUR MAJOR STONES ARE 16 FEET,
           FOUR INCHES [4.98 m] HIGH, EACH WEIGHING
           AN AVERAGE OF 42,437 POUNDS [19,249 kg].
        4. CENTER STONE IS 16 FEET, FOUR-
           INCHES [4.98 m] HIGH, WEIGHS 20,957
           POUNDS [9,506 kg].
        5. CAPSTONE IS 9-FEET, 8-INCHES [2.95 m]
           LONG, 6-FEET, 6-INCHES [1.98 m] WIDE;
           1-FOOT, 7-INCHES [0.48 m] THICK. WEIGHS
           24,832 POUNDS [11,264 kg].
        6. SUPPORT STONES (BASES) 7-FEET,
           4 INCHES [2.24 m] LONG 2-FEET [0.61 m] WIDE.
           1 FOOT, 4-INCHES [0.41 m] THICK, EACH
           WEIGHING AN AVERAGE OF 4,875
           POUNDS [2,211 kg].
        7. SUPPORT STONE (BASE) 4-FEET,
           2½ INCHES [1.28 m] LONG, 2-FEET, 2-INCHES [0.66 m]
           WIDE, 1-FOOT, 7-INCHES [0.48 m] THICK.
           WEIGHT 2,707 POUNDS [1,228 kg].
        8. 951 CUBIC FEET [26.9 m³] GRANITE.
        9. GRANITE QUARRIED FROM PYRAMID
           QUARRIES LOCATED 3 MILES [5 km] WEST
           OF ELBERTON, GEORGIA.

Guidestone languages

Below the two columns of text is written the caption "GUIDESTONE
LANGUAGES", with a diagram of the granite slab layout beneath it. The
names of eight modern languages are inscribed along the long edges of
the projecting rectangles, one per edge. Starting from due north and
moving clockwise around so that the upper edge of the northeast
rectangle is listed first, they are English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi,
Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian. At the bottom center of the
tablet is the following text:

    Additional information available at Elberton Granite Museum & Exhibit

    College Avenue
    Elberton, Georgia

Astronomical features

The four outer stones are oriented to mark the limits of the 18.6 year
lunar declination cycle.[9] The center column features a hole drilled
at an angle from one side to the other, through which can be seen the
North Star, a star whose position changes only very gradually over
time. The same pillar has a slot carved through it which is aligned
with the Sun's solstices and equinoxes. A ​7⁄8in (22 mm) aperture in
the capstone allows a ray of sun to pass through at noon each day,
shining a beam on the center stone indicating the day of the year.[2]
Interpretations

Yoko Ono praised the inscribed messages as "a stirring call to
rational thinking", while Wired stated that unspecified opponents have
labeled them as the "Ten Commandments of the Antichrist".[2]

The guidestones have become a subject of interest for conspiracy
theorists. One of them, an activist named Mark Dice, demanded that the
guidestones "be smashed into a million pieces, and then the rubble
used for a construction project",[10] claiming that the guidestones
are of "a deep Satanic origin", and that R. C. Christian belongs to "a
Luciferian secret society" related to the "New World Order".[2] At the
unveiling of the monument, a local minister proclaimed that he
believed the monument was "for sun worshipers, for cult worship and
for devil worship".[5] Others have suggested that the stones were
commissioned by the Rosicrucians,[11] with conspiracy theorist Jay
Weidner observing that the pseudonym of the man who commissioned the
stones – "R. C. Christian" – resembles Rose Cross Christian, or
Christian Rosenkreuz, the founder of the Rosicrucian Order.[2] Alex
Jones's film Endgame: Blueprint for Global Enslavement proposes that
the guidestones are a harbinger of self-appointed elites who intend on
exterminating most of the world's population.[12]

The most widely agreed-upon interpretation of the stones is that they
describe the basic concepts required to rebuild a devastated
civilization.[2] Author Brad Meltzer notes that the stones were built
in 1979 at the height of the Cold War, and thus argues that they may
have been intended as a message to the possible survivors of a nuclear
World War III. The engraved suggestion to keep humanity's population
below 500 million could have been made under the assumption that war
had already reduced humanity below this number.[13]

The guidestones were briefly shown and discussed in the 1986
documentary film Sherman's March, and were featured extensively in a
2012 episode of Mysteries at the Museum, a "Monumental Mysteries
Special" featuring Don Wildman.[14]