Compare and Contrast Stratfor and Hezbollah Communications

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 16:16:51 PST 2019

https://search.wikileaks.org/gifiles/emailid/91224

Just talked to my source. He addressed your queries to my satisfaction.
Hizbullah's communication system for emergencies is simpler than I had
initially thought.
Query #1: This communication system uses mobile phones (Nokia) for e-mail
communication with GPRS-backup. Essentially, Hizbullah members use
something similar to Stratfor communication, except that they use google
mail instead of hushmail.Communication is sent from the central command in
the form of draft messages that are deleted immediately. Hizbullah members
can send messages only if it is an utmost necessity. Messages sent are in
Arabic using in Latin transliteration. This communication system was
developed by Hizbullah students at the American University of Beirut.
Query # 2This is a secondary communication system to be used in the event
of war and to guide officials, commanders and partisans to their point of
duty, which Hizbullah does not determine in advance.
Query # 3 The intended use of this network is limited to communication.
Query # 4: Hizbullah conventional communication networks are functioning
well, but they may not be appropriate for emergency mobilization.
Please let me know if you need additional explanation.