The New York Times: India Adopts the Tactic of Authoritarians: Shutting Down the Internet

Punk-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Wed Dec 18 15:00:08 PST 2019

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 17:26:58 -0500
Harish Prasanna <harishperfect at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sighhh.. My friends in India claim that the internet shutdown is good as it prevents fake news and propaganda from spreading.

	Which is technically correct. Notice that if the govt in india had full control of the network it would then make more sense for them to use it for surveillance and manipulation instead of shutting it down.

	but if one correctly assumes that the internet is nothing but an americunt weapon serving the interests of the pentagon, wall street, and assorted scum then shutting it down is pretty sensible.

	notice also that a pentagon propaganda outlet like the jew-york-times accusing anybody of being 'authoritarian' is complete and infinite self-parody...

>Especially with a toxic whatapp sharing culture in India, naive ones will believe and add more fuel to the fire. Texting/SMS is also shutdown. The govt., imposed a 2 day shutdown ending on Monday. But the ban is still not lifted. And it is just month 6 of the newly re-elected government. Sighhh..

	fun times