FISA court issues public rebuke to FBI over misconduct in spy warrants.

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Dec 17 15:38:47 PST 2019

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 11:09:26PM +0000, Ryan Carboni wrote:
> If I was a FISA judge, I'd hire a special master to more thoroughly
> examine a whole set of documents behind an application.
>
> If the appropriations don't allow for it, I'd urge my colleagues to
> pool together a portion of our wages to hire someone.
>
> That would never happen.

Why the hell should the courts have to do the "prosecutor"'s work?

And anyway, the FISA court is an abomination of a star chamber evil!

Your words Ryahn suggest that the government/FBI/CIA should be able
to bring any old shit and the courts and everyone else must spend god
knows how much effort and resources to "check it all out, clean it
all up" - either the damn case is backed up by sufficient testimonial
evidence, or it's not!

We need better education. Folks need to understand how the Western
legal system is supposed to bloody work... and it is meant to protect
against abuse by those who would accuse without evidence, without
sufficient facts to back up their accusations - unfortunately the
system has been corrupted in many (most?) instances!