iStreamItAll "Programmer" convicted.

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 19:53:08 PST 2019

On 12/16/19, Razer <g2s at riseup.net> wrote:
> SOMEHOW I really don't feel sorry for anyone involved in scamming money
> propagating state propaganda and historical disinformation, which IS
> what TV and all Hollyweird movies are.

Well it's unlikely anyone can fill or curate anyone's interests
better than the consumer themselves. Since they're not the
consumer, they just filled the masses. But they could steer them...
Would have been interesting if among all the crap, such
services also do a book/movie blog like DPR of SR, etc.

> The illegal website had more content than licensed streaming services
> Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and Amazon Prime, prosecutors said.

So they provided a valuable service to a
rewarding market, did it more efficiently than
said Corps, and kept information free from indefinite
stasis and risk of centralized loss in the process.

Hypocritical when govcorp "rightsholders" actively refuse to
enter the market, and then sic thugs jailers and thieves on
those who do... as their perverse form of entering the market.
Disgustingly immoral.

> Prosecutors said Polo would use “sophisticated computer programming” to
> search global pirate sites for new illegal content.

"Sophisticated"... typical dark horsemen fud.
It's called a scraper.

Also weird is that most of userland filesharing, even
the ripping release scene is still stubbornly refusing
to adopt and use overlay networks. No wonder so
many of them and their sites keep getting shutdown...
for decades now.