Questions about Other Crypto Discussion Forums

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Dec 15 02:27:12 PST 2019

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 01:26:18AM -0700, Mirimir wrote:
> At this point, if you want low-latency connectivity, botnets are your
> safest bet. Or, for those who consider that immoral, nested VPN chains.
> You can go at least five deep, with iptables rules to prevent leaks.

Tor is for most folks, at best, a plausible deniability network.

If you want genuine traffic mixing you must do what torproject.org
-used- to recommend, in days gone past (pre-Applebaum lynching days),
that is, run an exit node, get a few friends up to speed and have
them on-ramp through your exit node, and only every on-ramp through
your exit node.

These days, torproject steers everyone to Tor Browser (TBB),
downloaded straight from the NSA's torproject.org or googleplay.com
websites.

It's a sad state of affairs and almost entirely misleading of end
users.

If you're going to "chuck a Manning", your main problem anyway is
distancing yourself from the data you are releasing - anything
"important" is going to have a limited subset of folks who have
access to that data anyway (except in rare circumstances), and so you
need to be prepared for that.

Freedom has a price, and we need to be prepared to pay the price of
freedom.

Manning, despite being pardoned, is once again paying the price for
the stand taken (releasing the helicopter gunship video etc, which
was a great service to us all indeed).

What I'm really trying to say here is that sometimes you gotta man
up, do the right thing, and accept the consequences, and not cower in
fear.

If Tor or a botnet are sufficient, great.

But if not, what is the right thing to do anyway?

When more and more folks start doing the right thing, it gets easier
and easier for the next guy to do the right thing.

Good luck, God speed, and may you find that which your Soul seeks for
you,