Tor Stinks re Traffic Analysis and Sybil (as do other networks)

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Dec 14 15:18:42 PST 2019

On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 11:57:32AM -0000, Spirit of Nikopol wrote:

> [.....]
>
> > Also unfortunate that, today, one of the few places still
> > propagating such blankets, in reverse via false advertising, downplaying,
> > failing to mention, etc... is the Tor project itself, not least where is
> > on its very own front page.
>

> Snowden smells like a CIA limited hangout operation. Quid pro quo between
> CIA and FSB/GRU ... it works like this:

The most generous proposition is that he is an unwitting fool.

There are many less generous conclusions...

Given the consequences upon hiself, I suspect some combination.

His level of naievity (and the consequent almost total irrelevance of
his "information" release) is just so depressing.

> Obama the MI56 cutout, promote animus toward defecting poster-child. You
> host him as pin-up whistleblower hero, Vladimir, because in your country
> everyone knows not to ask too many questions.
>
> Then when moles and snitches in USA and Russia contact Snowden's "trusted
> resources" to spill beans, we quickly identify and silence them.

Guardian: "We promise we literally smashed all the laptop HDDs with a
sledgehammer."

And they said that with a straight face.

Stunning stuff.

> Obama was a clear intelligence asset from early on. The intel community
> knows no national boundaries. They are ever a renegade state within the
> states with no national loyalties. Any pretense to national loyalty or
> patriotism is kabuki theatre for the peons and soldiers.
>
> Snowden also looks like one of the Greenberg brothers.
>
> Nikopol

So much heresy!