us - public system

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sat Dec 14 00:41:54 PST 2019

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 11:30:51PM +0000, other.arkitech wrote:
> I post all answers to raised questions so far.
>
> I'd like to receive more feedback about my new crypto platform, it is helpful to me,
> as they help me to write english rather than C++ , : )
>
> http://otheravu4v6pitvw.onion/misc/downloads/answers_to_questions.txt
> Thanks for the help
> All invited to evaluate it.
> Other Arkitech

Your communications on this list so far, seem to suggest that:

  - you have not spent sufficient time to understand the basic
    "security" issues which all humans presently face when
    interacting on the Internet

  - security, vs privacy, vs authentication, vs transparency

  - why would people on this cypherpunks list want taxation?

Most fundamentally, to be taken seriously with any supposed
"advance", you might need to present that you properly understand the
current shortcomings with current systems.

It's all very well to have a public chat about something that
inspires you, but you have made certain proclamations (we can call
them "challenges" or "assertions"), and the lack of background might,
to some people, come across as though you are being a bit lazy,
wanting us to do all the work of educating you about all the above
things, and plenty more besides.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to spend some serious
time understanding current problems.

We use certain phrases to highlight things which appear as
"flippant", such as the phrase "hand waving" - so e.g. when you
replied with the following phrase:

  "typical reaction to this is nah, you choose tax or anonymity,
   not both. Well, that's it, it can be done"

those words you chose to use, come across as flippant, or hand
waving (imagine the Queen waving her hand), or not serious.

The words you used might make it seem "obvious" to some people that
you don't really understand what you are talking about.

Words which demonstrate a little humility, might be good for you to
start using, if you want more relevant responses to the things you
say, e.g.: instead of "it can be done", you could have asked a
question, e.g.:

  Person ABC has claimed in the past that anonymous
  taxation collection is not possible - see this link:
  http://example.url/anonymous-taxation-is-not-possible.html

  Based on my current understanding, anonymous taxation collection
  should be easy, just using an Ethereum algorithm which collects a
  little 'gas' on each transaction - am I missing something, or is
  it really this easy?

Then people can hopefully start to see your thinking, and you might
get more relevant responses.

Next, you should get an idea of what the intentions for this
cypherpunks list are - for example, a place to discuss anarchy or
anarchism, as well as (actual) libertarianism.

So, in the context of this expectation, why do you say we should care
or be interested in a system which will collect tax?

Finally, you really should try to understand about anonymity on the
Internet (it's --really-- hard); and also about human motivations -
if you think people will start using your anonymous taxation system,
which people are the people you think will use it?

You need to be ready to answer these questions, and try to answer the
questions people ask - if someone asks the question, and you don't
seriously try to answer, with some depth and detail, then some people
will not even bother to keep 'talking' with you, because it is too
much effort or too much work - some people might try, but others will
just say to themselves "he is being much too lazy, asking me to do
all the work to explain to him what he does not understand and to
extract out of him even the basic understandings about what he is
trying to do".

Good luck,