Cryptocurrency: Snowden on Privacy, CoinJoin Wasabi CashShuffle Samourai, War on Cash, Global WiFi Surveillance Systems

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 17:03:27 PST 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7XpI0fRnIg

One of Snowden's better treatises on privacy, at Bitcoin 2019.
Well worth the watch.

End the tribal... renewed joint comms effort urgently
needed among all cryptos toward rapid mass adoption...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5vgAKYjs_4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30sjEW70rLE

Bitcoin Sucks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBu_KAp7XKs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VMkNstyvSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRlM-R7MjtY

Massive WiFi Surveillance! - wigle.net, Credit Cards...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXEe2kqiYIM wifi

Private Surveillance, Joins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up-4rqraMh0 haven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Gm5yPFMWY

https://www.ccn.com/i-dont-think-bitcoin-will-last-forever-nsa-whistleblower-edward-snowden/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUhFf6K-SU8

NSA whistleblower and privacy advocate Edward Snowden said that he
believes Bitcoin will eventually be supplanted by another
cryptocurrency that does not utilize a public ledger.

Snowden, who made this statement earlier this month at a Blockstack
event in Berlin, said that he believes Bitcoin’s chief drawback does
not have to do with its ability to scale — as many critics allege —
but rather its lack of privacy.

    “Everybody is focused on the transaction rate limitations of
bitcoin being its central flaw, and that is a major one, but I would
argue that the much larger structural flaw, the long-lasting flaw, is
its public ledger,” he said via webcam. “That is simply incompatible
with having an enduring mechanism for trade, because you cannot have a
lifelong history of everyone’s purchases, all of their interactions be
available to everyone and have that work out well at scale.”

“I don’t think Bitcoin will last forever,” added Snowden, who hinted
that he had used Bitcoin in 2013 to conceal his identity while
preparing to release classified National Security Agency (NSA)
documents documenting privacy abuses — including some that showed the
NSA was actively spying on Bitcoin users.

“Bitcoin does important work and I do think it will have enduring
value for a long time, but particularly when we look at the core
development team and their rate of improvement to the protocol, they
simply need to better or they will not be able to compete,” he
continued.

Snowden said that he is most interested in privacy-centric
cryptocurrencies like Zcash, which obfuscate blockchain data to allow
users to verify the integrity of transactions while keeping them
private from would-be snoopers.

    “When we talk about which cryptocurrencies are interesting to me,
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Zcash for me is the most
interesting right now, because the privacy properties of it are truly
unique, but we see more and more projects that are trying to emulate
this and I think this is a positive thing.”

Snowden added that he had tested Monero and a variety of other
privacy-centric coins, though in the past he has said that he feels
more comfortable with Zcash since it has been developed by academic
cryptographers.

Joe Rogan #1368 - Ed Snowden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efs3QRr8LWw