"The worship of billionaires has become our shittiest religion"

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Thu Dec 12 16:52:52 PST 2019

jamesd at echeque.com wrote:
> On 2019-11-09 12:11, Razer wrote:
>> "Nobody should have a billion dollars, and those who do are something
>> other than fully human."
>
> Without billionaires, we don't get the kind of technology that needs a
> billion dollars.
>
> Some people, quite a lot of people, get rich by stealing it, for
> example Biden, Obama, and the Clintons.  But most rich people get rich
> by creating wealth, or inherited it from parents that created wealth.

You forgot the pirates of Silicon Valley in your list, and every single
startup that ripped off PARC and Netscape. There's no reason technology
should cost billions of dollars except for the desire of, not the
creators... They fled as their 'hobby-with-bennies' was being
hijacked... the 'investors' and their satraps that moved in to infest
the industry, to be billionaires. They don't care about computers. They
care about the money. Similarly not one single stupid motherfucking
engineer at Seagate I ever worked with gave one fuck about how a disc
drive worked. Didn't have a full picture of how it all happened.

The lack of creativity in any sense but creatively making money showed
in 'double-letter' blueprints, and the unceremonious canning of any
415-D spec they couldn't make.

Rr

Ps. Google could drop their entire internet operation tomorrow and their
execs would do just fine dealing all that SF Bay real estate they own.
Who knows? Maybe they will?