The Cypherpunk's 1995 Archive has been forged, and what are we going to do about it? (was:Re: Could someone add news of Cypherpunks Archive...

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 20:50:42 PST 2019

 So far, as of December 8, 2019, I haven't seen any more comments from Declan McCullagh, Ryan Lackey, nor Tom BusbyIt seems to me that these people (and others?) should be more-enthusiastically pursuing this matter.  Aren't some of their reputations in question?  At least, people might look askance if they don't at least assist in discovering what happened with the Cypherpunks archive.
I still want people to try to inform prior subscribers to the CP list, first by finding their email addresses, so that we can contact them and tell them what happened, and what we are still trying to learn.
            Jim Bell

    On Sunday, November 24, 2019, 03:15:26 PM PST, Punk-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

 On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 22:19:31 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Everybody note that I haven't gotten an answer to this from Ryan Lackey, nor has Declan McCullagh responded to many emails sent his way.  Tom Busby seems unusually quiet, as well:   Busby, the keeper of the Archive, should be enthusiastically working to figure out what happened that would allow the Archive to have been forged.

    the 'keeper of the archive' is lackey.

> The Venona files, as I recall, were dated 2003:  Is that correct?

    dated how? The only known thing here is that lackey came up with a bunch of files HE says he got from somebody else, at some point. Of course none of what lackey says is to be regarded as true.

>  If I had a more-efficient editor to search the CP archives, I would study the discussions of the people doing the archive to figure out who was involved, what happened, and when it happened.   Can somebody help with this?

    Hm - I'll take a look at 92-98 period. The 2000~2014