Facialized: US to Force Mugshots From All Citizen Travelers

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Dec 3 23:11:28 PST 2019

On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 07:02:29AM +0000, jim bell wrote:
>  On Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 10:35:17 PM PST, Punk-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:
>
>  On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 06:26:16 +0000 (UTC)
>
> jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >> I find this planned Portland  rule foolish and highly improper, at least in regard to how it controls "private corporations".
>
> >    spoken like the typical corporate fascist posing as 'libertarian'
>
> A "corporation" is merely a fictional 'person', acting as a business.    I see no reason that a government (such as the City of Portland) should be allowed to prohibit "corporations" from using of facial recognition, yet not have the power (if the City government so chose) to prohibit ordinary citizens from likewise using facial recognition.   What's the difference?
> Which is it?  A Statist wants 'government' to do anything it wants.  Require anything.  Prohibit anything.  Control everything.

As you say corporations are fictional. If corporations, fictional
entities, are imposed upon us and granted actual "rights" (limited
liability, right to appear in court, etc), then "the people" have the
right to curtail the rights of the fictional entity, to the extent
the people so choose, and certainty to any and every extent that
corporations step into (affect) the rights of humans.

Humans come first.

One basic human right, is the right to privacy.

If we uphold the rights of corporations to collect any biometric data
about humans that they choose ("because we must not stop
capitalism"), then we are encouraging the violation of the the human
right to privacy.

Except that information identifying me is allowed to be private, my
right to privacy does not exist.

This is so for travel, for example on the public roads by vehicle,
and also on public footpaths by foot or bicycle.

The human must be put first.

Our basic human rights must be upheld in the face of those who would
collect, sell and otherwise abuse our data and privacy.