[2600-AU] Apple cannot be trusted - violation of Australian federal Data Protection/Electronic Crime Law

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Tue Dec 3 20:09:56 PST 2019

Thank you for those pointers.

Yes, VCAT/NCAT etc often have a "state clearly and briefly what
happened" section on their "application forms", usually also with a
suggestion to "attach an additional sheet if you can't fit it in this
box" type of thing.

My personal (IANAL) preference is to present my own matters, even in
the higher courts (I am in the Vic Supreme Court at the moment on the
"right to be heard in my own defence, when I am caused to appear in
court" basic human right).

As to your assertion that "An affidavit can't be used in a
Magistrates Court" - this is simply not true, and is IMEHO, an
egregious suggestion to those who might choose to self represent.

Many times I have filed affidavits into the Magistrates' Courts of
both Victoria and New South Wales, and on one occasion only (when I
believed it was in my interest to do so) did I file a Statement (self
signed, not even a statutory declaration).

Further, I have spoken personally with/ seen, acquaintances who began
with a court case in the Magistrates' Court, and proceed on some sort
of appeal into the Supreme Court, have to re-do their statement or
stat dec, and file it as an affidavit (the only form the Supreme
Court accepts).

I was even supporting a self represented VCAT defendant, who actually
filed an affidavit to lay out his version of events - VCAT accepted
that affidavit, and he relied on it during the hearing.

So if you have some authority to back up -why- it is that you say "An
affidavit can't be used in a Magistrates Court", then I would very
much appreciate a link or copy of the document, so that I can read
that authority (law, regulation, section or other document) which you
are referring to.  Especially given that you say you "work for the
cyber police", any insight into such laws or regulations would likely
be useful for humble folks such as myself - so thank you in advance.