How do we sponsor & maintain critical infrastructure (rsa, tor, floss hardware, ...)

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Sun Dec 1 17:50:17 PST 2019

On Sun, Dec 01, 2019 at 11:17:59AM +0100, Adéla Eastmund wrote:
> > Few want to do 1, 3, or 4, because when done right,
> > there's no profit or control over other people for them
> > to have, and that's how it should be.
>
> That's what cypherpunks are her for tho.
> Nobody makes any money from, say, OpenPGP and that's why the
> infrastructure is in the state it currently is (non-maintained).
> And that's how it should be: real citizens writing good and helpful
> software for other citizens.
>

> I'm new to the club.
> How would one, as a 'cypherpunk' develop cool and helpful technology without
> 	a) living below poverty line
> and
> 	b) being conveniently killed by a US sponsored electrical fire
> and
> 	c) secretly being on US military payroll like many other
> 	   self-proclaimed 'defenders of privacy'.
>
> Maybe throw me a URI of some sorts. This seems to be the piece of the
> picture which I am currently lacking.
>
> 	Adéla, 🇩🇪

You're not the only one lacking the picture.

The state of "The West" is that we are bound to debt of incredible
magnitude.

The Fed established a regime of money which is fiat, not gold and
silver coin, and has enslaved much of the world into this scheme.

The scheme is also built on centralised and government controlled
schooling which keeps the average joe stupid, "in permanent
competition", focussed on self (nihilistic), and avoiding confront
(failing to solve his own problems).

So individual problems are endemic, and the driver is systemic (so
called "debt" of our governments).

Ultimately, with today's technology, there is no reason we cannot all
be abundant and "locally self sufficient" with food, water, clothing
and housing, and at the community level, self sufficient in
transport, communication and technology.

Whilst this one little private troll family literally decides the
interest rates and "money" creation levels for most of the world, we
shall remain materially enslaved.

Here's a suggestion, rather than focus on problems, instead focus on
what gives life to your heart, joy to your days and peace to your
soul.

Sit and enjoy a sunset, a beach, family and friends.

Go bushwalking or cycling or canoeing and breathe in nature, revel
with a run in the summer rains and laugh with your children.

There are 10s of 1000s of farmers who would most gladly take you in
for a month of sheep shackling, cow corralling or hay harvesting.

Get involved in the WOOF/ WWOOF er movements, inspire those you meet
with tech talk, and sprinkle your days with programming, design,
nature, talk, music and love.

Start living a life worth living. If you "are bound with family" then
make plans -with- your family for a great future - perhaps that's a
more rural thing for you, perhaps a beach life, perhaps boat or car
racing - whatever floats -your- family's boat.

We live in relatively incredible abundance.