The Perfect Crypto Currency

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Aug 23 06:04:49 PDT 2019

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 12:08:17AM -0000, cypherpunk at danwin1210.me wrote:
> What would happen if a group of anonymous hackers released free software
> for the perfect cryptocurrency that resolves all the known problems with
> current cryptos? What if it contained *provably* secure PKI
> infrastructure, as opposed to the current mere assumptions about factoring
> and discrete logarithms?
>
> Would anyone recognize its value?

Insightful, and foundational, question.  An important first step to
any action.

> Would anyone use it?

Infrastructure is a many-years deployment effort, in all cases.

Comfortability requires those with sufficient capacity to grok - a
pre-requisite to recommending for those with (hopefully) sufficient
capacity to comprehend the technical layers, math.

> Would entrenched interests spread FUD all over it?

Undoubtedly.

And more significantly TPTB would likely fast track their statutes,
man made "laws" demonically deeming mandatory back doors and the
like, penalties enhanced for those promoting etc.

These are difficult questions; challenging times.

Remember Gideon's army.

You, I, each must create/establish/have a meat space reality of at
least one or a few fellow humans who share an intention, for it is
that the journey, the long thought, the persistence required, wrench
the Soul, tear the heart.

A dark night which may last many years.

Technology has never been, and shall never be, the solution, of
itself.

We are on the Age of Aquarius' version of the search for the holy
grail - that perfect combination of material tools to liberate that
which we hold as true, ideal, holy.

We hold certain freedoms as fundamental, inalienable. Amongst them:

  Freedom to communicate.

  Freedom to associate.

  Freedom to travel.

  Freedom to interact in this world, with others of our choosing,
  in ways of our choosing.

Yet who can live such freedoms in the face of The Force Of The State
and The Almighty Statute Laws and Possible Or Sometimes Actual Years
of Jail?

Each freedom carries inherent within, it's inverse - the freedom to
not, the freedom from suppression of said freedom.

But again, ones truth arrives where the rubber meets the road - in
the living of a right, a freedom, a liberty, in the face of the
opposition.

Tools can assist, yet each tool carries within it, the power of
itself - the gun, the knife, the word, the action, the inaction.

BTC had a lot of conversation around it about -freedom from- the
tyranny of government, many eloquent words, inspiring words, from
John McAfee to many others.

Most hope for the tool to do the work of living a freedom, but such
is ultimately a folly - can any tool not be taken, or deemed
unlawful, just as growing certain plants or catching rainwater in
your own water tank, have at various times been illegal...

Already various "states" (governments) deign to exercise their all
powerful (self proclaimed) all encompassing and unfettered authority
to regulate all, and to regulate each human - the insanity of the
fear of the incumbent powers unchecked.

Without trust (faith) in the inherent good of some of humanity, we
have lost before we begin.

Freedom has a cost, a price not in dollars, but in the likes of will,
faith and action.

Action requires expenditure of attention, over time.

Will and the thoughts preceeding, that is intention, comes first.

Questions to give rise to thoughts.

The quality of your thought ordains the quality of your words.

The quality of your words leads to real degree, the quality of the
thinking of those who read your words.

Too many words and most humans are lost, failing to hear in their
hearts that cause which motivated those words.

Too few words → same outcome.

  Is there sufficient will within any 2 or more humans,
  to intend, to will, to act, and to live a freedom, a right?

  What about in the face of oppression against such living?

When you find such a one (or group) -then- a tool may help to
catalyze a group ethic, intention, will and action.

Without the strength of those with persistence to hold the long
thought in the face of oppressive opposition, can any tool ever
be sufficient to liberate?

Liberating stone; casting pearls; sowing seeds in rocks vs in soil.

More than any tool, or tool set, appears to be required.

Words may unite a group, bring cohesion, provide guidance for judging
the loud vs the effective.

  “The things that matter, matter to those who matter;
   let the others take care of their own.”
  Anon.

A vision manifested in words may inspire.

Man of good character, the canvas of the ages, the threads from which
any worthy garment can be weaved.

Originating thoughts.

Words expressing.

The word catalyzing the thoughts in others, those who share the
spirit ensconsed in those words.

We must speak to one another.

For example?
  The Gnu General Public License. If you have not read it (version 2
  perhaps...) then perhaps today's your day ;)

  Some the manifestations we today enjoy are consequential to the
  catalytic effect, the recognition within many individuals, of those
  truths, rights, thoughts, expressed in words, in the GPL so many
  years ago,
  and in the example lived by Richard Stallman in holding the long
  thought embodied in those words, to the best of his ability (which,
  again, many of us witnessed so many years ago and since).

  We collectively, guided by the GPL, this part of our reality which
  today we enjoy, from little but hope, faith and persistence.

  Who remembers Red Hat and other moments where we stole a thought of
  gratitude and experienced a little joy in our hearts that free
  software - rather those freedoms embodied in free software - was
  not only a thing, but a foundation suitable for a large and public
  company as Red Hat?

Carve out future now.

Create our world,

PS:
To live the right to associate, means to actually associate with others.

To live the right to communicate and express oneself, one must actually
communicate, one must actually express oneself, in this world.