The cultural turn in intelligence studies

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 22 15:21:52 PDT 2019

 On Thursday, August 22, 2019, 12:45:11 PM PDT, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

On 8/21/19 11:56 PM, Razer wrote:

>> You'll note the one recurring theme throughout the whole series. There was NO ONE #6 could trust. Ever. On reading Steve's details I've seen slightly different show creation narratives but one thing I know... McGoohan was DRIVEN to do this. He was willing to fund it out of his own pocket if necessary. Whatever that 'argument with the chief' was about in the last episode (all you hear is thunder) was in some way, irl, connected to his drive to get the prisoner on the air.

>During production of the Danger Man series, McGoohan demanded and got a
lot of creative control.  Drake's failure to adhere to prevailing
stereotypes was largely McGoohan's doing, as was the general trend
toward realism in Danger Man scripts, relative to other popular spy
fiction.

Even today, you probably can't register your car's vanity license plate in any of the 50 states as  "KAR 120C".I just checked for Washington state.  Nope.  Taken.
         Jim Bell