The cultural turn in intelligence studies

Razer g2s at riseup.net
Wed Aug 21 20:56:25 PDT 2019

On August 21, 2019 7:51:43 PM PDT, rooty <arpspoof at protonmail.com> wrote:
>Are you really over 60. OMG that is flippen agent you could be my grate
>grate grampa.

I'm older still and I remember the rollover from, in the US, "Secret Agent", to The Prisoner, which I thought was VERY excellent even when I was a kid.

You'll note the one recurring theme throughout the whole series. There was NO ONE #6 could trust. Ever. On reading Steve's details I've seen slightly different show creation narratives but one thing I know... McGoohan was DRIVEN to do this. He was willing to fund it out of his own pocket if necessary. Whatever that 'argument with the chief' was about in the last episode (all you hear is thunder) was in some way, irl, connected to his drive to get the prisoner on the air.

I believe all the prisoner episodes are on youtube. I torrented the collection a few years ago. There's also a number of interviews with McGoohan about it on Youtube and quite detailed sociological analyses of the overall show and episodes floating around the intertubz as well.

Ps. The only spy show on the air at the time that was better? Get Smart... or maybe I just had the prepubescent hots for 99.

Rr
Har Har.

Rr
Sent from my Androgyne dee-vice with K-9 Mail