The cultural turn in intelligence studies

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 15:50:45 PDT 2019

 On Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 12:35:46 PM PDT, Steve Kinney <admin at pilobilus.net> wrote:

 On 8/18/19 8:05 PM, coderman wrote:

>  The cultural turn in intelligence studies
>
>> Simon Willmetts
>> Correspondences.d.willmetts at fgga.leidenuniv.nl
>> View further author information
>> Pages 800-817 | Published online: 23 May 2019

>My small contribution comes in at only 1400 words:

>The Prisoner: An Introduction

>The Prisoner is one of the most iconic and surrealistic, if not
psychedelic, products of the 1960s "golden age" of television.  An angry
secret agent returns home from hand delivering his letter of
resignation, when he is immediately gassed by an undertaker in top hat
and tails.  He regains consciousness in his own bed but when he looks
out his window he discovers that he is no longer home at all:  He is in
The Village, a deceptively idyllic holiday resort that is actually a
high tech prison for spies.  At once the games begin.

I am actually old enough (61) to remember watching The Prisoner first-run.  It was clearly quite different than typical American fare.
                Jim Bell