TorGate: Court Filings Detail Drama

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 00:58:13 PDT 2019

On 8/14/19, jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>     On Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 12:37:48 AM PDT, grarpamp
> <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> https://github.com/Enegnei/JacobAppelbaumLeavesTor/blob/master/JacobAppelbaumLeavesTor.md
> https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.340308/gov.uscourts.cand.340308.25.0.pdf

You can also run the 25 from 0 through N, or just use
the site search function. There are many filings.

> https://www.gofundme.com/f/isis-lovecruft-legal-defense
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_lawsuit_against_public_participation

>  I feel quite certain that the anti-SLAPP laws would not be applicable in
> the case of a libel lawsuit.   From what I read (and I wasn't aware of this
> case before) Lovecruft accused Todd of rape.   That accusation, if false,
> would clearly be libelous,    Libel is an exception to free speech in the
> First Amendment.  Maybe it shouldn't be, but at least as of now libel is
> actionable.

"Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of
the press."

That seems not to have been done, perhaps inapplicable.

Rather this appears under old common law inherited,
wherein one can say whatever ("defame"),
but another can call them out on it.

Whether any call action should be possible to lodge
for court resolution or not is another question... but
it does tend to prevent duelling over the matter :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law

As to duelling...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel
infohash:20DC935F5BC06C1057CA12F5CC2B4607999FA4BC