Arkanciding

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 11 19:21:54 PDT 2019

Ex-inmate at MCC says there was 'no way' for Epstein to kill himself https://mol.im/a/7346373 via http://dailym.ai/android
I spent nearly 2 years in SHU (Special Housing Unit;  'the Hole') in various prisons over 13 years.  It would be very difficult for a person to hang himself in SHU.  But we haven't seen any pictures yet.
They could have assigned an inmate monitor in the hall of the cells. (Such inmates are usually used as orderlies during the day and evening hours, and are outside the other inmates' cells.)
Most modern Federal cells have solid steel doors, not the traditional bars.  Do a Google search for 'Federal prison SHU cell photo' for a sampling of such pictures, although they don't seem to reflect the cell configuration I am most familiar with.
You occasionally see comments outside of prison that say that SHU is "Hell".  Myself, I found it almost always comfy and relaxing.
My longest hunger strike was 100 +2/3 days, and one at 62 days, a couple at 50 days each, and many at about 30 days each.  The key to surviving a long hunger strike is to maintain your electrolytes:. Potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphate.Drink 1 cup of milk per day and you've ensured that your electrolytes are close to being correct.  (BOP policy statement on inmate hunger strikes, 6562.005, states that acceptance of liquids does not constitute breaking a hunger strike).
           Jim Bell